Furniture increases the beauty of your home. Having lavishing furniture in your house makes it look like heaven. But furniture attracts dirt and grime, and that can cause its color to fade. Therefore, regular upholstery cleaning is needed to enhance their beauty.
Most people make lots of mistakes while doing upholstered furniture cleaning. Using the wrong cleaning method and solution spoils the upholstery. So, if you aren’t sure how to clean them correctly, hire upholstery cleaning services.
Let’s look at the things you should remember while doing upholstered furniture cleaning.
Do’s Of Upholstered Furniture Cleaning
1. Addressing the Spill Right Away: That is the most common mistake that people make. They leave the stain for later cleaning. Although some blemishes can be removed later, wine or coffee stains are hard to remove post period. Therefore, it is best to clean the stain right away.
2. Use The Right Cleaning Products: Upholstered fabrics are made of a different material. Hence, you need to find the correct cleaning product for the same.
3. Cleaning Your Upholstery Weekly: Regular upholstery cleaning has lots of benefits. Although vacuuming doesn’t remove deeply embedded filth, it still keeps the surface of your upholstery clean.
Don’ts Of Upholstered Furniture Cleaning
1. Rub & Scrub: Do not rub your upholstery furniture vigorously while cleaning a stain. Rubbing harshly can spoil the delicate fabric.
2. Bleach: Using bleach to clean your upholstery is not a good idea. Bleach can make the stain even worse, and you may end up re-upholster the entire furniture.
3. Chemical Solutions: Many upholstery cleaning solutions contain harmful chemicals. These chemicals also pose harm to kids and pets.
4. Hot water: Using hot water to clean the stains can make the situation much worse. Pouring hot water on a stain can change its chemical structure. Thus, it sticks even harder onto the upholstery surface.
Different types of upholstery fabrics require distinct cleaning methods. If you are not an expert or have knowledge about that, it is better not to treat them by yourself.
Want To Know The Optimum Solution To Get Clean Upholstery?
The answer to your question is to hire professional upholstery cleaners from Portland NW Carpet Cleaning. We have the right tools and expert knowledge on cleaning the upholstery correctly.